• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiators F2 Extreme Dual Fan (Pictures and Data of the two new models pré-finished)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

copyman

Radiators F2 Extreme Dual Fan (Pictures and Data of the two new models pré-finished)

Some data and pictures of the pré-finishes new models of radiators F2 Extreme Dual Fan

The tests, data and pictures of the radiator F2 Extreme Four Fan they are here:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=212514

16.jpg

F2 Extreme Dual Fan

Real area of the core 5,5 "x 6,5 "

Some characteristics of the radiator F2 Extreme Dual Fan

That radiator is made with 3 arrays of flat tubes opposed and 12 layers of laminate pure copper for each inch of height,
it has in the total of 48 flat tubes divided and opposed in 3 arrays

It works in an only fluid passage, an entrance of 1\2 " on the left side chamber an exit of 1\2 " on the right side chamber

The entrance has a special chamber with lateral discharge that feeds of fluid in a homogeneous way all the flats tubes
All weld they are them done with 57% of silver and all the connections are re-worked for over diameter and soft angles of entrance and exit

Chambers of pure cooper

Complete shoruds and lateral covers in steel inox polished

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
F2 Extreme Dual Fan Slim

Real area of the core 5 1\4 "x 5 1\4 "

Some characteristics of the radiator F2 Extreme Dual Fan
That radiator is made with 3 arrays of flat tubes opposed and 12 layers of laminate pure copper for each inch of height,
it has in the total of 40 flat tubes divided and opposed in 3 arrays

It works in an only fluid passage, an entrance of 1\2 " on the left side chamber an exit of 1\2 " on the right side chamber

The entrance has a special chamber with lateral discharge that feeds of fluid in a homogeneous way all the flats tubes
All weld they are them done with 57% of silver and all the connections are re-worked for over diameter and soft angles of entrance and exit

Chambers of pure cooper

Complete shoruds and lateral covers in steel inox polished

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

Excuse the pictures they be not good, but my new camera didn't still arrive, those pieces are not still totally ready, it lacks the final finish and last polishing, that it is done after setting up the copper Chambers and conetions

thank you

Looking good, Ivo. What are the overall dimensions of the two models. Will the inlet and outlet be on the "front" of the tanks, with waterflow parallel to the air flow, one on each side?

Thanks.

as i said they are pré-final finish, they are not still mounted, the chambers are underneath of the lateral layer in inox, the connections leave their center

the total dimensions without fans are:

9 x 7 x 4 dual fan

9 x 5,5 x 3 dual fan slim

thank's friends

Im a bit confused. On the slim model that holds one 120mm fan on each side you state that the actual core size is 5.25" x 5.25" and on the bigger model that supports 2 120mm fans on each side the core is 6.5" x 5.5". Why did you choose to only lengthen the core by 1.25" when you knew you were designing it to hold two 120mm fans? Wouldnt making the core a bit longer, say around 9"-10", give even better results or would there be too great of a pressure drop?

Animal982 said:
Im a bit confused. On the slim model that holds one 120mm fan on each side you state that the actual core size is 5.25" x 5.25" and on the bigger model that supports 2 120mm fans on each side the core is 6.5" x 5.5". Why did you choose to only lengthen the core by 1.25" when you knew you were designing it to hold two 120mm fans? Wouldnt making the core a bit longer, say around 9"-10", give even better results or would there be too great of a pressure drop?

I chose to increase the height, and not the length of the version slin for the normal,
increasing the height, increase numbers of flat tubes, what provokes a less restriction
if maintained the same total area and it increased the length, I would have less flats tubes and more road to pass with the fluid, reducing the flow rate

cpufan said:
Looking good, Ivo. What are the overall dimensions of the two models. Will the inlet and outlet be on the "front" of the tanks, with waterflow parallel to the air flow, one on each side?

Thanks.

did you understand the explanation above?

I am happy that you has liked,

thanks

Thanks Ivo. I think you are saying that the inlet/outlet barbs are centered on the tanks and pointing outward (in the direction of the air flow). (?)

Animal982 said:
Im a bit confused. ...on the bigger model that supports 2 120mm fans on each side the core is 6.5" x 5.5". Why did you choose to only lengthen the core by 1.25" when you knew you were designing it to hold two 120mm fans? ...

He means the larger model with one fan one each side.

copyman said:

did you understand the explanation above?

I am happy that you has liked,

thanks

Yes they are outside pointed , but the direction of the fans you set up how you wants.

as the other friend's question I think answered what he wanted to know

Yeah I misread the original post. I thought the 5.5" x 6.5" core was the size of the core for the F2 Extreme four fan model.

I'm sure other people have already asked you this, but I'm going to ask you anyway. Where can I buy one of those?

Back