• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it right to lust after this board...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally speaking and this is only a matter of opinion I would never lust after a Chaintech
I once worked in a computer store which used this make a lot, We used to RMA far too many of them, some also had stability issues for no known reason... basically systems were built expecting a problem.
Ive not tried that specific mobo but from experience I dislike them greatly... I would prefer your MSI to the Chaintech

Thats a good looking board but I personally would no go with the chaintech either. So far I am absolutly in love with my Abit NF7-S and would recommend it to anyone looking for an nforce2 board.

Not it's WRONG to lust after a board and you would probably get thrown in jail if you did.

But it's ok to lust after a woman!!! :)
Rob

I know someone using it the board is very good , Chaintech has come along way from couple of years ago. The product is good and comes with a tonne of extras. Another board to consider which is said to be the best out of all the Nforce2 boards from what I have read in reviews is the DFI Lanparty Nfroce2 Ultra, I say check that one out.

The Chaintech in my opinion is a good buy I almost grabbed the smaller version but went with Soltek 75FRN2-L which is quite excellent

Cisco KID

I'm still considering it, I love the card reader and the front jacks and I dont think I'll be finding that in any other board.

Besides, it's so darned pretty.

ok i have this board and i have had 3 of them actually.....it works great EXCEPT when you try and flash the bios.....mine would never flash right.....ON 3 DIFFERENT BOARDS and thier tech support sucks....im gonna use it for a while if i can get it to pick up my amd 3000 right....so thats my only problem that i have had with it....im me if you have any questions and ill take pics of it or whatever you need

Back