• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game port issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Experimental

Registered
Ok, I finally got my lockup and random reboot issues set aside. My new issue is that whenever I have a joystick connected to the game port on the mobo, the computer will not boot. It acts like it resets itself twice, and gives no post beeps. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brian

Have you tried a different joystick? It could be a bad one with a loose wire or sumthin. I've had one that had problems when you holded it at certain angles. you could use a usb one if you have an extra port. Also what version is your bios?

I've tried two different joysticks and I'm using the latest 42aa7 bios. The reason I'm avoiding getting a USB Joystick is that I already have two game port joysticks (Yes, I know...I'm cheap, but I'm a college student :p )

i dont like that bios version i tried it, it is very buggy .so i went back to aa5. you should try to go back to the aa5 version and see if that helps.

ps: i think somone else on the fourms had problems with virsion aa7

I've switched back to the aa5 bios, and I'm still having gameport issues. Could it be a problem that the joysticks are too old. I wouldn't think so because a joystick is a joystick. Theres no mention in the bios of the gameport (as in turning it on or off, or switching interrupts.) Any more advice?

Thanks for your help. The aa5 bios does seem to run better then aa7. I'm actually able to overclock easier now.

Brian

i dont know of anything else to try. if i had a game port joystick i would try plugging it in but i dont so i dont know what to tell ya.

Back