• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If YOU have problems with 200+ MHz FSB come here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MetalStorm

Right, what I'm trying to find out is if there is a definate problem with Kingston HyperX ram and the NF7 series boards (maybe localised to a specific version / make)

Now im not sure if this is just the HyperX ram that is having problems, but if you are not able to get 200 MHz FSB on your NF7 then read on..

I personally cant run at 200MHz FSB due to errors, this is not due to the board, I know this. Now, I have Kingston HyperX PC3500 ram which should be good up to 434MHz (217) and it used to work fine at 3-3-3-2 ram timings, it doesnt any more, but anyway, even with very slack timings, it is unable to break 200MHz because of errors (although the errors do not apear in memtest!?)

So, if you are having similar problems, just post what brand and the speed of the ram you are using, I have a feeling that this is a problem ascociated with the HyperX series of ram, but we shall see...

Get posting!

Come on, I know some people out there are having problems of not reaching 200+MHz FSB so post!

I recall seeing posts about some older HyperX had problem with NF7-S rev 2.0 board (doing 200+ MHz).

The post said Kingston sent replacement and the problem was fixed with the replacement. Kingston shipped replacement first by charging credit card while letting shipping back old ones.

Hmm, well as it happens, I have just updated to the v 17 bios, and my problem has gone away - 200 MHz is running fine, no errors so far... I hope it stays that way :D but maybe if you are having problems check out the abit site for the v 17 bios (I think the v 18 has a few problems)

Back