• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ Vdd ohm question. Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lammy

Registered
Before any soldering. Is there suppose to be 120 ohm resistance between pin 1 and pin 4 of the IUR 3037a chip?

My dilema is that when I have the circuit completed with a 1k varible resistor, I tested it with my multi meter (which btw I am learning how to use as I go.) I get 100-120 resistance. is that normal?

OR

does it indicate I did something wrong?

Also. Pin 1 and pin are awefully close together, I mean my solder is like a quarter mm away from it. I test pin 1 and pin 2 for a circuit and i get 1500ohm approx for a split second than i dont get any current at all.

would this indicate my soldering job is too close?

I am new to posting to this forum. please help.

nm. That wasnt my question. I went on with this mod anyway. I couldnt wait for an answer.

For future reference. there is about 100ohm resistance between pin 1 and pin 4 before any mod is done.

This is important. becasue if u solder the variable resistor to the circuit and try to tune it usng a volt meter to test it it will always say 100 ohm regardless of how u adjust it. you need to test and tune the variable resistor before you solder it to the circuit. I am speaking about the initiall adjustment so you dont blow up ur mobo by having reistance to low.

After that you install circuit, you can figure it out what you want by my making minute adjustments and observering what is happening in the pc health portion of the bios.
Turn off the pc when u are making the adjustments. ofcourse.

I made this post just got spooked by this cause I was doing things backwardsI guess.

I had never soldered before in my life. I didnt receive anyones help except from ppl off the net. Anyways...

Cheers, another vdd mod well done!

nm. That wasnt my question. I went on with this mod anyway. I couldnt wait for an answer.

For future reference. there is about 100ohm resistance between pin 1 and pin 4 before any mod is done.

This is important. becasue if u solder the variable resistor to the circuit and try to tune it usng a volt meter to test it it will always say 100 ohm regardless of how u adjust it. you need to test and tune the variable resistor before you solder it to the circuit. I am speaking about the initiall adjustment so you dont blow up ur mobo by having reistance to low.

After that you install circuit, you can figure it out what you want by my making minute adjustments and observering what is happening in the pc health portion of the bios.
Turn off the pc when u are making the adjustments. ofcourse.

I made this post just got spooked by this cause I was doing things backwardsI guess.

I had never soldered before in my life. I didnt receive anyones help except from ppl off the net. Anyways...

Cheers, another vdd mod well done!

Back