• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noob fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmge

Registered
i have a 92mm panaflo L1A fan as the exhaust.. now i want to make my comp cooler.. with my comp case it allows me to put 2 80mm fans in the fronas intakes... should i put 2 intake fans infront and will it make my comp cooler?.. or is it useless.. n e help or suggfestions would be appreciated

2 intake fans will help airflow, but it probably won't be directed at the parts that need it most, i.e. the RAM, Northbridge and CPU. You could try a ducting or routing modification that redirects the air in your case, try putting a curved piece of cardboard under the intake fans (to direct the air upwards) once you have them installed and compare the differences in temperatures.

Putting 2 intake fans in front should definitely help cool your case down. Having 2 intake fans and one 92 mm with the PSU fan (If you have a dual exhaust one) should help immensely. Make sure that you don't have too many cables blocking the airflow. Reroute them if you think that they are blocking. It does make a big difference.

And Welcome to the Forums.

Back