• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Manufacturer has the Best Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goldenlight

Plan on building a new computer and would like to know who makes the Best Ram??

If someone could turn this into a poll, it would be gReat:D

there isnt any one comapny that makes the best ram. there are companies that are more consistent then others, but no one is absolute. corsair, mushkin, kingston, ocz, twinmos, crucial, etc, etc,.... these are all top companies. all of their top shelf stuff is fantastic. the question when it comes to the latest and greatest ram is "what ram is doing well in XXXX motherboard", more along the lines of works for you, ya know? but basically, lol the hot chips right now to have are anything with winbond BH-5 ram chips.... i.e. buffalo pc3700, ?corsair3500xmsLL?, mushkin black levelII. those are a few that come to mind.

I'm not trying to pick on you but this is kind of a stupid question. It's like asking a group of car enthusiast which company makes the best sports car. Undoubtedly, you're just going to end up with a million different answers and probably no better idea of which car to get then when you started. Not only that, but you didn't even define any parameters as to what "best" means to you. We have no info on whether you plan on going Intel or AMD; what motherboard you're looking into; if you plan on overclocking; if stability or performance if your main issue; ad nauseum.

A better question would be which RAM is best for you. Only you can make that determination by figuring out what performance you want; how much money you're willing to spend; and how much trust you have in a particular company. Usually, you'll get better responses if you hone your question down more precisely, such as: "What kind of timings can I expect at 225 MHz for Corsair XMS 3500 RAM?"

Also, if you're really in the dark about RAM, you should use the search function on these boards to help narrow your field down. The topic of current "hot" sticks of RAM has been covered hundreds of times. In fact, just a quick glance at the first page of posts in this section will glean some very useful information.

Back