• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 machines into 1 sound system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doodah10

I am trying to connect 2 PC's into my Monsoon speaker system. I have a splitter cable but am having trouble using it. When I plug both my Soyo Dragon+ and my Asus A7N8X DLX into it the splitter, the Soyo sound continues but the Asus sound stops. If I unplug the Soyo the Asus plays fine, plug it back in and the Asus quits. I've tried reversing the connection at the splitter but there is no difference so it's not the splitter. I have also plugged the Soyo into the Asus mic jack and then I get sound from both but there is a speaker humm and a reboot of the Asus causes me to have to reconfigure the BIOS. How can I make this work?

I just want to have sound out of both through decent speakers. I wanted the splitter so I wouldn't have to have both on to hear the second one.

Back