• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Speed Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Candyman

Registered
Just updated to BIOS ver 1.8 on a version 2 board...still do not have the fan speed in the PC Health. Anyone else have this and do you think Abit will correct?

Thanks.

As previously mentioned, if you are using the mobo header to power the fan, make sure it has all three wires on the connector (else your fan doesn't support monitoring).
If you are using the Power supply molex, make sure you have another singe wire connector that plugs into the mobo connector to monitor the speed.

Lastly, if your RPM is too low, it will not be picked up at all.

Fan Question

I have the NF7 Rev 2.0 updated to 1.8 version of BIOS. This fan has 3 wires and was connected to a Abit KD7 mobo and worked okay.

Not a really big deal...I just figured that was another bug in the BIOS.

Re: Fan Question

Candyman said:
I have the NF7 Rev 2.0 updated to 1.8 version of BIOS. This fan has 3 wires and was connected to a Abit KD7 mobo and worked okay.

Not a really big deal...I just figured that was another bug in the BIOS.

sounds like it's in the wrong fan header.....most motherboards read fan speed off the fan1, and fan2 headers only. double check to see if it's on the fan1 header. i also suggest, as someone mentioned befor, get a 3 pin to 4 pin molex connector so you aren't drawing the fan power off the motherboard...

i know svc sells them, with the fan speed wire seperate so you can mooch power off the 12volt molex, and still read fan speed off the fan1 header. ,( http://www.svcompucycle.com/3pinto4pinad1.html )

Last edited:
Back