• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jd5449

Registered
i have asus a7n8x 2.0 amd 2600xp can't get xp to load up have went and made 6 boot disk will not work after #5 disk i get file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error (4096)at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c. 60g mator

need help dieing open wound from monitor:(

it will not install from cd i can't get it to see my cdrom i tried typing c: b: e: but all i get is invalid drive spec and with b it say put cd for in

Does the BIOS detect the CD-ROM (shown under "Standard CMOS Features Setup Menu"), and if so...have you set the CD-ROM as the first boot device under "Advanced BIOS Features Setup Menu"?

You didn't answer the question.

Just to remind you these Forums do not promote the use of pirated software. We will not entertain questions regarding any issues with pirated software.

Sounds more like a drive setup problem than an Illegal copy of XP. Geez.

Pull out the CD Drive and make sure that the jumper setting are correct. IE Master if is running on a separate IDE cable or if on the same IDE cable then make sure the Hardrive is set to master and the CD Rom to slave

An easy explanation of jumper settings check this WD manual.

It is for Hardrives but the concept/settings are almost identical

link

Last edited:
My computer is similar, does not like booting from cd for some reason. Easy way to do it, if you have a copy of windows 98 or ME around, install that, then just go in there and install XP as an upgrade. If you want the ntfs file system, you can use the convert command:)

thanks for everyone's help i fixed it after being on the phone with microsoft for hours it worked for about a day so threw it in the garbage loaded xp pro

Back