• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is ridiculous

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fallen Phoenix

Ok, I got so sick of my heat problems under load that this is what I did to fix it.
Mycoolingsetup.JPG

and here's MBM5's results while it's like this...
MBM5.JPG

If you've got pics of wierd things you've done to keep your computer cool, post 'em up!

Ha just a little, I've got that stock 80mm on the side but it's not getting air since the case is in that little alcove. I think I'm going to make a funnel thing with poster board tommorow. Is it possible to mod the case to accept a 120mm fan at the lower front corner of the side without screwing up the paint?

I use a deskfan for my comp too. But now im ****ed of cuz my idle temps are 47-49 with a speeze falconrock and wit ha stock heatsink it was at 40 c idle. I think its becuase i didnt apply the artic aluminai right.

You call that weird? How about taking the entire computer apart and laying them on a desk side by side while having a cooling fan similar to yours blowing on it. Now thats weird. Save a hundred bucks by not owning a good alum case.

I have the exact same desk as you do. Here's a tip that might help you...you know that little cut out in the back that let's all your cables out? Might want to cut away at the top a little bit, I did after realizing that the exaust fan of my PSU was a few inches too high and barely letting any air out of it.

By the way I've done the same thing with a desk fan.

Goldbullet... you're a genius, I didn't even think of that. The way I had my case fan setup, it was sucking air in from the back of the computer and blowing the hot air out the side. I guess it would be sucking in the hot air off the PSU from the back. Mr Dremel tool... where are you?

Back