• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

about my tbred "A" 1800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

i have a 1800 tbred "A" and my attemps at over clocking well.. pfft.. even though this is a "A" version of the tbred pfft. wich i was told was a "B" but to the point
i cant get it to run above the 10multiplier? is the best way to unlock this to use the conductive matieral on the last L5 bridges? but even still at 10X187mhz i get a no boot-up? now i am runningn only a 300W Psu? but my voltage readings are this

vcore = 1.78V
+3.3V = 3.26V
+5V = 4.78V
+12V = 11.78V
+5V standby = 5.05V <----( is this standby voltage for the +5V rating?)

DIMM VTT = 1.25V

think maybey running a more powerfull psu will do the trick?

even though one time when my 350W psu went out.. well to figure out that it was the PSU went out i used a 145W psu to boot it up. haha and worked until i grabed this 300W?

any suggestions to work around just get'n another proc? know get'n a tbred B 1700 or so would be cheap, but hey "if it aint broke, dont fix it eh?"

Try lowering the fsb and raising the multi just for kicks and see what happens..

And if you think the psu is in question, grab a multimeter and test the +5 and +12 on the molex connectors, and the +3.3 on the atx connector itself while the system is under load, and while its not. Unless those readings are from a multi :) Then I'd say that the 12 is a bit low, and so is the +5...

What settings will it boot at?

well ive tried bumbing multi's already, it wont let me do anything higher than the 10X and with the "in trick" i can get it to use 10.5 stable but anything past that even at 166FSB results in a no-boot?? dont have a multimeter handy and u said that the 5 and 12 look a lil low? or they would reading they way they do from a multimeter?

Yeah, those voltages would look a bit low if they were read on a multi..

so i take it it's only past 12-12.5 u need to mod for unlocking then? hmm.. must just need a better psu then.. to many no boots..

whats the stepping on the chip, 10x187 may just be its clock limit, only the best tbred a's did 2ghz on air. i could only get 1910 or so out of mine with 1.95vcore. my 350 watt antec did nothing for my overclock over a 300 watt generic, and another generic my brother in law has in his comp(another 300w) has better rails even overclocked than my antec

heh, actually stuck on 10x180 right now far as it will go... i'm not sure what stepping it is.. would post but right now it's a pain to take my volcano 7+ on/off ... been checking round locally for a xp1700xp Tb-Bcore.. might have some luck at this one place (hopefully)..

Back