• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bought new board NF7-S V2.0 wont run 1700XP¿

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gazzrawly

I bought this board about 2 days ago along wih new DDR and found it wudnt run any of my athlons (my 2100XP pally or my 1700XP T Bred B). Naturally i thought it was a dead board...I tried all the tricks such as resetting the cmos, checkin everythin was installed, removing battery but no it just wudnt post. I thought it was a long shot, but ill install my old duron 850 anyway. It worked, posted fine. Would this mean its both the 2100XP and 1700XP cpus r dead?¿ :(

Did those chips work previously. I mean -known good-, not new.

If they are known good, then return the board. There is no reason those should not work with the other parts you have listed in your sig.

wowsers, havent heard of this problem in a while.this was a big deal when the first Nforce2 boards first came out, basically your halfway there if its the same deal. go to bios and set the fsb to 133, or whatever the fsb for the xp chips you got, turn it off, swap out your duron with the xp and reboot. should work. do a search, i think there was a thrread called "duron saved my board" or something like that.

I had no problems like that with my rev.2 board with a tbred-b 2100+.

Were the first nforce2's really that messed up? And has anyone else with a NF7 rev.2 had that problem? I really don't think he should have to accept that. What if he didn't have a duron?

im not convinced its the board tho....As weird as it seems, both cpu's do the same in my gigabyte board...have not tried the duron in gigabyte but now its beginning to make sence. I couldn't find the source of the problem...I changed the DDR, PSU, Motherboard everythin u can think of, even a 1700XP for a 2100XP i use to have. Now it seems that both cpu's r duff and my duron is messed up to as it cant decompress JPEG's and GIF's. They come out totally jumbled up (in every board ive put this in). Need to swap the 1700XP with 1 the same...use to boot into windows @ 2.1ghz no VC increase

Back