• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are card blowers worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightywpm

Registered
do exhaust fans that go in your pci slot make a world of a difference? will it help out with my slk800/tornado combo?

I don't use them myself, but I have seen a few folks who got good results in one specific application of them:
cooling a hot spot in the pci slot area.

They tend to be inefficient and move little air but a small amount of airflow where there was none can make a big difference.

I doubt if it would do anything to help a cpu hsf though.

They work great for 'name-brand' computers that have cooling properties only *slightly* better than your average Bedouin. I've *had* to use them in a few Dell mini's because there was no other option. Had to move *some* air. But yeah, they basically move no air.

"They tend to be inefficient and move little air but a small amount of airflow where there was none can make a big difference."
Why not make a card cooler that uses a GFFX 5800 Ultra style fan?

the abit siluro offered the FX style of outside exhaust cooling starting in their geforce 4 models but im sure if u looked around enuff u could find a company that makes video chipset coolers like that ready made :D

i wanted to get a pci fan and reverse the fan so that it blows onto the vga card instead of pulling the air out. i burned out a geforce card and i wanted to get one so i dont burn out my new one. my computer is on 24/7 and the side panel is always open so theres no need to pull hot air out. I also go one of those fans that you plug into the wall blowin in through the side cooling everything by 7-10 degrees.

Back