• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hooking up a tornado 80mm to fan control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steve978

I just got a nice little 3.5" fan control and some LED fans but the reason I got it was so I could turn down my tornado. Heres the problem the tornado comes with a 4 plug molex and the lil sensor thingy plug type doodad but the sensor carries no power... the fan control requires that the power comes thru the same lil plug as the sensor how do I hook this up to my fan control? and if you know where I can buy more of the lil fan plug doodad extention cable thingys then I need those too :D:cool:

Forget the fan controller, leave the fan at 12v and use Britney Spears to drown out the noise. :D
At least it works very effectively on my 80mm, 7000RPM Delta.

Britney Spears? No thanx I would take the delta.

Anyways I would be careful hooking that fan up to just any old rheostat. The tornado pulls alot more power than most fans. I found that most rheostats didn't come close to being able to handle the tornado.

ah ****e i think im gonna replace my whole hsf get a SLK-800U with a nice quiet panflo high output or a vantec stealth or some ****nat

I made a thread asking the same thing a little while ago and I got an answer. Do a search.

found it and i got the parts to hook it up :D but then i saw the cold cathode D: and i had to get that D: but why light up my sk-7 so i got a slk-800 :eek: but that would be wasted if i dint get a nice power supply so i got a 400watt fortron D: AHHHH IM ADDICTED!!!

Back