• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Corgalore

Hey all, I was wondering if overclocking software is any good. I have a Gigabyte GA-7VAX board, but only a Athlon 1Ghz. The board was bundled with EasyTune4, a Windows overclocking utility. It seems to work okay, cause I ran some benchmarks to verify the performance increase. The bios only provides FSB increases and voltage increases for DRAM, CPU and AGP.

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with software overclocking and whether they have some disadvantages that I don't know about as a noob OC'er?

Thanks,

Cor.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Almost all overclocking is done thru the bios settings. I've never heard of EasyTune but I've played with some other s/w overclocking utilities and they're not very good.

You should check out some other threads in the Gigabyte Motherboard section for better help on your specific board. You should be able to o/c with the settings in the bios though.

-Bobby

Back