• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oced XP 2100+ without unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrixzen

I made it to 1,824.13Mhz by just upping the FSB to 140Mhz and using 1.85 voltage. When I tried 142 it restarted a few times but after increasing the voltage it grew more stable but it still restarted so I dropped down to 140Mhz FSB and it stood stable. I haven't really overclocked since I overclocked my old pentium which was a while back now I'm trying to overclock my AMD Athlon XP2100+. Right now this bad boy is running at 52c/125f. I know I need to unlock to change multiplier and all but for now I am just playing with FSB. Any suggestions on how to get it higher? When I put it above 142Mhz FSB bus my computer won't post so I have to reset settings. Is there anyway to get the computer to at least post with a higher FSB above 142 and what can I do to make it more stable? What does the AGP frequency need to be at with a AGP4X card for CPU oc? I am using a A7N8X mobo so most of you should be familiar with it. Also the memmory frequency follows. Will I reach a limit due to my memmory? If so will I have to have higher memmory latency to keep up with the higher memmory frequency?

Since there are three different 2100+ cores out there, there are three different answers:

If you have a Palomino core which has the part number and stepping stamped on the cpu core itself, then the multiplier is locked without doing a bridge modification (see the AMD FAQ in this forum). WCPUID shows 6-6-x family-model-stepping.

If your core is Thoroughbred "A" which has a 5 digit stepping code (like AIUGA) ending in "A", then the multiplier is unlocked, but you might not be able to overclock past 2.0GHz. WCPUID shows 6-8-0 family-model-stepping.

If you have the newest Thoroughbred "B" which has a stepping code ending in "B", then you should be able to reach over 2.2GHz depending on your cooling. WCPUID shows 6-8-1 family-model-stepping.

Last edited:
First of all, it sounds like you have a Palomino 2100, which you are getting to its limit anyway. If you had a 2100 tbred b you should be able to hit 2Ghz with stock voltage no problem. What sort of cooling are you using?

It's a Palomino.
CPUID

Standard
Family:6 Model:6 Stepping:2

Extended
Family:7 Model:6 Stepping:2

Revision: A5

I am using Thermal Take Dragon Orb3 Super Air cooler to cool it but I son't think it's very good of a cooler.

Back