• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ checksum error, keyboard doesn't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squeakygeek

University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
8RDA+ checksum error - fixed

I unplugged all my power cables, re-arranged them, and made them look nice with zip ties, and put a fan on the NB. I had some problems booting that I tried to fix by clearing the cmos, but then discovered my keyboard and mouse were swapped. The current problem is:

after IDE drives are detected, it displays "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded", and it wants me to press F1 to continue or delete to enter setup... but my keyboard doesn't work! (it's in the correct ps/2 port now) All 3 led's on the keyboard are lit (num, caps, and scroll lock) Post code 7F is displayed, which means it's waiting for me to press F1. Any idea's? Also note, i was holding a small heatsink above the SB to see if it would fit, and I dropped it on the board, but theres no visible damage.

UPDATE: Problem fixed. When I put the cmos jumper back onto the resting position, I missed, and it was only one one of the pins. I actually THOUGHT I did this, and checked, but I fell victim to poor lighting. How embarrassing.

Last edited:
Back