• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling...Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the forums!
It's up to you if you want to watercool or not.
It started building it, because it would be something new and different. I ended up building something that is not really bad, my temps are better than before.
There a lot good companies out there, such as Dangerden and D-Tek.
I'm not too familiar with all the american brands, because i live in France and it's harder to get them here.

edit: Do NOT buy the ThermalTake Acquarius kit! It really isn't worth it. It might not seem expensive, but there's much better out there!! You can build a custom watercooling setup for less than that!

Welcome to the Forums!!! :)

And it looks like probably a welcome to the ranks of the water-cooled will be coming soon.....:D

But avoid the Aquarius- that MIGHT be enough to water cool a...say, 486dx-100, but it isn't worth $10 if you have anything newer;) Not in my arrogant opinion anyway.:D

You will find that many of us who water cool here build our own systems, but there are quite a few that use kits or prebuilt systems.
Just about all of us will try to talk you into building your own though: build a system just as good for less money or build a MUCH better system for the same cash it would cost for a good kit.

Look around in the Water Cooling section, or do a forum search for water cooled kits and you will get a LOT of information about the pros and cons of both.

Here is an article put together using a thread in the forums with input form a LOT of members who water cool.
It can help you decide which way to proceed: kit or Do-It-Yourself.

Rolling your own watercooling is a much better idea- not only will you get better temps, but better components as well. :)

DTek, DangerDen, CoolTechnica are good places to look for components.

Buy a window airconditioning unit ... much better and cheaper than WC. (careful with condensation)

yeah,, a window AC unit would work great,,
too bad you couldn't hear the TV over it,,, you would have water dropping on the feet, your power bill would be like cooling a home twice the size, kinda expensive, etc,,,

any other great idea's??

Last edited:
C'mon folks- play nice! :)

I find water cooling a very attractive proposition:
5 pcs in my house and 3 of them are water cooled with plans to do the other two. :D

Personally, I don't like a/c and don't have one in my house right now.....if it gets hot enough, long enough, I will go get the two that my bro-in-law has for me, but until I need them they sit at his house. His cellar is bigger:D

Works great for me.....cools me to 30C at 2.1V ... watercooling dosn't. keeps the vidcard cool and n-bridge and mosfets...Keeps my room cool and the.... GF snuggles a little closer at night....very nice.

Back