• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

folding stability @ 200+ FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

alright i'm having some folding issues and i'm thinking maybe it's not the CPU or memory.

i've had prime up and running for a good while and it's crunching away, no errors yet but folding does a "special exit" in 2-5 frames and sleeps after 5 core failures. i'm using BIOS "C 14" which i guess is 1.4. has anyone else had issues with this and solved it with a BIOS flash? i am hesitant to flash the BIOS as past flashing attempts, although were succesful (board still worked), have concluded with undesirable results. i've never flashed the BIOS on this board and don't plan to unless it's necessary, as to say fixing my folding issues.

prime ran 1hr and 6mins with no errors.

Last edited:
emericanchaos said:

prime ran 1hr and 6mins with no errors.

I have gotten prime errors after like 10 hours of running fine so 1 hour is probably not the most thorough test. Not sure that the bios would fix this or not but IMHO there is no harm in trying cuz you can always flash back.

I dont know what BIOS I had before, but after flashing to v 17 earlier today, is been kicking out some prime for the last few hours (it used to die in less than a minute...)

So I would certainly suggest going to v 17 (I think v 18 has some problems... v 17 seems to work for everyone though, including me!)

Back