• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speed_Mechanic

Registered
Just Two Questions

Sorry for what might be bashing :(

I'm just dismayed by the rising memory prices :\ Anything over $130 just seems too much for me right now. Spending porportions are a big deal to me, spending $170 on processor, $110 on motherboard, then spending more then my motherboard's cost on memory would take a large chunk out of my wallet :(

There are just two things, really, that I would like to find out. One being just what chips are in the BestBuy.Com Mushkin memory offer, so I ask what chips were used in early PC3200 Mushkin memory (were anything other then BH-5 and CH-5 chips used?; were CH-5 chips used in Black-Line Mushkin memory early on?)

The other being just what's the current deal with GeIL. I know many tried their normal-line Ultra and older memory, and they didn't like it. I'm not sure when their new Golden-Dragon, with WLCSP, came out, but how does it compare to WinBond CH-5 chips? (better/worse?)

Back