• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMatrixHasYou

OK, I downloaded memtest, unzipped, and ran the install program to create a boot disk. Restarted my computer, seemed to go fine since I got into Windows without an invalid boot disk error, but nothing happened. How do I actually run the program?

I did. The first disk I used was screwed up and the computer tried to boot from that and gave me an error, so I created a second disk and the comp seemed to boot fine from that, but nothing happened, I just booted into Windows. I think I'm going to try booting from a CD, and see what happens.

After you make the Memtest disk, it is not readable by Windows because it is not a DOS disk. But it is bootable. The first thing you'll see when booting from your A: drive is the word "Loading" on the upper left hand corner followed by several dots while it's loading the program. Then, Memtest will start testing automatically.

Back