• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm LED fan with High CFMs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tok3n

Registered
Do they make any nice 120mm LED fans with CFMs around 80 or higher? I have not seen any more than 70 myself. That's a shame :(

I don't even know of any clear 120mm fans (w/o leds) with good cfms.

Last edited:
There are plenty of 120mm fans without leds available that push way over 70cfm, of course. I think the issue with the combination of those two is that led fans are typically catered to the 'shiny looks' people, rather than the performance enthousiasts. :)

Yeah :( Right now I'll settle for even just a clear 120mm fan with high cfms. They really should make led fans with higher cfms. Just because you want performance doesn't mean you can't make it look good at the same time :)

they cant make fans with really high cfm with led cause the led get there power from the rotation of the fan blades to much and u will kill the leds just take an led fan and hit it with a can of air for a few seconds you will see the leds light up

Well voltage to the fan is going to be 12V (unless you do a 7V mod or use some fan controller). I don't think the voltage is dependent on how quickly the blades are spinning. At least that's what I've always assumed.

It wouldn't be too hard to design a fan which got led power from the 12V line directly instead of based on the fan speed.

Thanks Hookem, but like all the one's I've seen, they are just under 70 CFM max. I have yet to find any that are high CFMs > 80

countermods said:
they cant make fans with really high cfm with led cause the led get there power from the rotation of the fan blades to much and u will kill the leds just take an led fan and hit it with a can of air for a few seconds you will see the leds light up

How can this be the case when i can stop the fan with my finger and the led's are still lit up? The fan blades spinning do not provide power....and ive never heard of that compressed air or anything. Led's take a very small amount of power....much less than a fan requires....so even if the led was still taking power away from the motor....it wouldn't case a drastic reduction in speed.

Back