• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling Weight On Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

I have an Abit Max 2 ver. 2 Motherboard with a Zalman CNPS 7000 CU. I want to put the Zalman ZM80C-HP on my 9500 Pro. The CNPS 7000 is 773 grams and the heatpipe is 325 grams with out the added silent fan. I am not sure I am going to add the fan or not. I am just wondering if this is adding too much weight to the Motherboard?

nah its fine.. the PCB is quite strong just dont uhh drop your case or anything ;d then i can forsee something tragic.. but if its stationary then you have no problems =d

It should be fine as long as you don't do anything to drastic with your case, such as drop it from great heights.
If you plan on moving your case in the car for long distances, then I would put some packing foam or whatever in there to try and take some of the pressure off.

Nanidin said:
Putting foam into your computer won't hurt it?

hehe

he means like if you're taking it to a big LAN party- you'll want to support the weight while its under the forces of the car- you'll be ok while its just sitting on your desk and not moving around alot
~bobb

Nanidin said:
No I mean it won't do any electro static stuff while its in there?

oh ok. um, i don't think you have any problems at all. just make sure not to use like popcorn or anything- you don't want the foam floating around in your case. i could forsee problems with your fan....

simpsons- moment "mmm popcorn" with images of butter popcorn floating around in a case

***going for a snack***

~bobb

Back