• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8RDA+ 7/18/03 BIOS changes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junglebizz

I flashed my bios to the latest one available and I noticed that there are many new options that weren't listed in the user guide.. Does anyone know somewhere that shows how to tweak the latest bios? I have found websites that do a meager job of tweaking the stock bios, but I wanted to know how to set it up for a really good overclocking when i get my watercooling going again.

does yours say 5/18/2003 bios version when you startup your comp?

My bios version is 7/16/2003. 6A61BPAAC-00

The one bios change i noticed was that there is no more Frame Buffer Size option. Was it important?

Ok well there's not as many changes as i thought, but I still am having trouble tweaking this thing for overclocking... can someone help me out with the options that i should tweak? Things like multplier, memory frequency (%) memory timings, stuff like that.. I turned my multiplier down to 10 and tried to run an fsb of 183MHz, and the system wouldn't boot, now i think it should have been ok, No?

Try relaxing your memory timings incrementally as you increase FSB. 2/3/3/7 would be good starting timings to get you past 183MHz FSB.

Use Memtest86 to test for stability at each increment.

Tip: Memtest Test #5 seems to be the most critical test. You can save testing time by selecting Test #5, and looping that test. When Memtest starts, press key sequence C255ReturnReturn and that will start looping of Test #5 only.

Hope this helps!

The only thing i think is different is no cpu interface option with this bios.. This is the worst bios i have ever used by far though... it's horrible. With 3609 i could do 237 perfectly stable.. with this bios i had to lower my FSB to like 226 just so i could get into windows without crashing and put another bios on a floppy.

q149 said:
The only thing i think is different is no cpu interface option with this bios.. This is the worst bios i have ever used by far though... it's horrible. With 3609 i could do 237 perfectly stable.. with this bios i had to lower my FSB to like 226 just so i could get into windows without crashing and put another bios on a floppy.

Ugh... I was thinking about updating but in order to run 10 or 10.5x I HAVE to set CPU Interface to "Aggressive". I wonder what the default is now that the option is missing :confused:

I am pretty sure it is "Optimal" which is one of the reasons why it sucks so bad... I think they just forgot to add in the option, also you notice when you unzip it, it comes in like 5 folders that looks like came straight from somones windows install.. I think they just rushed it for some reason and it's just horrible.

Agh, well that would suck indeed. I'll probably avoid that one unless I read differently. Honestly I don't even really know what CPU Interface does, but I know it doesn't work on Optimal for my o/c AT ALL. Won't even boot.

Glad you mentioned it though, thanks for saving me the hassle :cool:

No CPU interface? Um.. My bios revision has the options.. I am oc'd right now, not a lot, but i still have all the multiplier, frequency and voltage settings that I had before? Are you talking about a different motherboard??? :confused:

Junglebizz said:
No CPU interface? Um.. My bios revision has the options.. I am oc'd right now, not a lot, but i still have all the multiplier, frequency and voltage settings that I had before? Are you talking about a different motherboard??? :confused:

EPoX 8rda+.

"CPU Interface" is one specific setting in BIOS, not a generalized term for the CPU settings if that's what you mean. If not, are you sure it's there?

Back