• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New NF7-S Giving me a lot of problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bahamet

Last thursday Fed Ex delivered my new Abit NF7-S mobo. I got a new case and a new psu also(locally). I put the whole mess together reinstalled windows ran the disk that came with the mobo and the problems started. Wndows(Xp Home) would load to the desktop and then give me a blue screen and within just 1 or 2 seconds reboot and start over again. :mad: After reinstalling windows multiple times I finally got the system to work and checked the hardware doctor, it told me that the 5v rail in the psu was way out of spec like 5.69 or so volts. apperently this was the problem all along. I switched psu back to my old one and its running stable at 200 fsbx11 = 2200 mhz @ 1.775v so tommorrow I will take the new psu back and get another one. I also flashed to the 1.8 bios and it seems to have helped the stability, if anyone can think of something that I have missed I would appereciate a heads up on it. And thanks alot.

wats ur voltages at? my xp would blue screen like that once or twice before. all i did was put vcore to 1.8, vdd to 1.7 or 1.6(in ur case cuz ur fsb is lower), vdimm at 2.8/2.9. Also, try to put ur ram at optimal settings or maybe change cas 3.0 to cas 2.5 and leave everything else...i dont think +5v overvolting would make ur xp blue screen... also, it might be the bios version...if anything...try flashing it back to 1.7 or 1.6

I was having problems with my USB even though I had upgraded to SP1 (Windows Home edition also). I have the NF7 version 2.0 and updated to BIOS to 1.8 but USB would still not work (mouse). I updated the Nvidia driver to 2.45 version (the latest one on their site) and problem apprears to be fixed.

I swapped out the psu on the way home from work. I have installed it and the voltages are in the blue with the hardware doctor, also, is the cpu temp reported correctly with this board? Mine seems to be running a lot hotter than with the other mobo but I guess that its the oc doing that. currently its at 46.5c which sounds pretty hot to me at idle.

46*C at idle is averge ov my old pally. As long as at full load its NOT ABOVE 60*C for long periods of time, u should be fine.

Back