• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boX_BR

Registered
i got a v11 running on a 1700+ @ 2400+... Tbred B
Im not surprised that my temps suck, but i dont know why i get so much dif between idle and full load...
idle: 45c
full: 62c
why is it soo dif? i already reseated the hs plenty of times...

honestly I just think the v11 heatsink might just suck. Thats about the same temps I'm getting on my [email protected] ghz (thats case montior temps though, mobo software temps say 47-55c).

My asc will arrive today and I will lappit in a day or two and see how much better it performs.

I am really considering getting a thermalright though....

sangapski said:

case temp is a bit high IMO
try taking out the side panel
if temp drops, then you need better air flow
oh, cmon
almost 25 degrees of difference is not normal

How are you controlling the fan speeds on the V11 because those temps seem out of line compared to my V11.
My XP1700 tbredA @ 166x11 sees only about 11C above case temps at full use. Temps drop about 3C when its idle.
Fan speed is controlled by the thermal probe on the smartfanII taped to underside of CPU.

-=Ambush=- said:
....I am really considering getting a thermalright though....

Excellent choice.. the slks fricken ROCK..my idle is 36° and my load is 38° ( my smart fan is on thermal probe )

SLK800 ROCKS!! THERMAL RIGHT ROCKS, you wont be disappointed !

Volcanos SUXORZ!!!!

Back