• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New killer OCZ copper mosphets/mem chips cooler!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Man....these little nuggets of cooper look like they could really do a great job of cooling mosphets or any small chips. I want to put these on the mosphets of the new Abit Max 3. They would work great in the little Otis style wind tunnel thats on the Max 3. What do you guys think?

OCZ Flower Mini Sink

Did you see how thin and wide the fins were? I also like the way they fan out. They are just begging for some cfm's to be pushed across them!

Those look sweet, but I wonder how many of them are in that $15 package. Anyone know how many you get for $15? Since they seem to be designed for memory chipset type stuff, maybe it's a four pack like most of the other RAM chip sinks.

lol, wouldn't it be funny if it was 15 buck for 1?

Actualy it wasn't designed for exclusivly memory Sterculus.

Originally stated by OZC Website
The OCZ Flower Mini-sinks were designed to keep system components such as mosfets, power regulators and video card memory cool.

:D

I was saying that the memory was PART of the design, then using that part of the design to relate it to the other RAM coolers :p
And does it really matter what it was designed for? :p

Sterculus said:
I was saying that the memory was PART of the design, then using that part of the design to relate it to the other RAM coolers :p
And does it really matter what it was designed for? :p

Well It would suck if you bought fetsinks/mosinks (lol) and you didn't have enough... I would be like:

"Grrrrrrr!!! you guys suck!''

or something kinda like that.

It might not matter what it is designed for with some companies but some it really would because they acutally designe them for what they are for.

Like would the fins get in the way of the caps that tower all around the mosfets on most motherboards? Thats the second thing I thought of (it followed ''They are just begging for some cfm's to be pushed across them!").

Heh! If that were the case then "they are just begging for some bending and cutting action." These fetsinks look like they are worth it!! :attn:

krag said:
Heh! If that were the case then "they are just begging for some bending and cutting action." These fetsinks look like they are worth it!! :attn:

Well I don't know about worth it... kinda depends on how many are in there and how much you don't/do like modding your own stuff.

The worth it part was aimed at the performance end not the $15 per fetsink comment. if they are $15 per piece it will definately NOT be worth it. I seriously doubt that they will be that much. If they were OCZ would probably sell a total of 3 within the next year cause nobody would fork out that much for em.

BTW...I mod like mad!! Heh! And like it!:clap: :clap: :thup:

krag said:

Yup! Here is the link!

It doesn't say how many you get for $14.99

The way that SVC worded it, it sounds kind of like they give more than one, but the fact that they don't mention how many you get leads me to suspect that they give only one....

Edit: Also, when you look at the specs of the OCZ Ramsinks, they explicitly mention that they come in a pack of four, unlike the Flower Mini-Sink....

Aslan said:

The way that SVC worded it, it sounds kind of like they give more than one, but the fact that they don't mention how many you get leads me to suspect that they give only one....

Edit: Also, when you look at the specs of the OCZ Ramsinks, they explicitly mention that they come in a pack of four, unlike the Flower Mini-Sink....

So your saying the way they worded it makes it sound like there is more than one and maybe only one at the same time?

Only one, wait no, 2 questions remain:
Will CrashOveride's head explode?Like EVGA cards ; )
How many fet/ram/mosinks are in the 14.99 deal from svc?

CrashOveride said:

So your saying the way they worded it makes it sound like there is more than one and maybe only one at the same time?

Exactly! :D

I guess I came off as just slightly confusing, IMO, they give only one, simply due to how the Mini-Sink is advertised on the OCZ website. However, fafnir has the best solution in figuring this out.

Back