• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ to a 2500+ Barton, worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you probably wouldnt get much if any over 2.4ghz, and the barton is about 3-5% faster at equal clocks, would a 3-5% increase in performance be worth the 80-90$ for a barton 2500?

if so, then yes, it would be worth it. i wouldnt though

ya get the barton, then send me your 1800. mine doesnt overclock for crap :p. what kind of RAM and cooling did you use?

I dont remember what steppign it is, but it is very recent. Less then 2 months old. I use an NF7-S at 228 fsb. 2x256 Corsair 3200LL sticks at 2-2-2-8-t1 timings at 2.9v. Vantec Iceberq 3 on the northbridge, Vantec passive sink on the southbridge. Tweakmonster sinks on the MOSFET's. Watercooling for the cpu. That about sums it up. lol

SilverArrow said:
I have an 1800 that does 2.4ghz at 1.85v. Is it worth it to upgrade to one of thoes magical 2500 Bartons?

You have a CPU that's passing Prime95 Torture test for 12 hours at 2.4 GHz and you're asking if you should upgrade?
No way dude!

Be :clap:

Ohh, I am happy, believe me. =)

Its just that I got a large order for PC parts, and I have a chance to order some things for myself. It would cost me a maximum of $10 or so to upgrade my 1800 to a 2500. Although judging from the input, I might stick with my 1800. =)

$10 for a Barton!...I would love to have that.....if I where you I would buy the Barton and see what ya can get outa it.....and use whichever performs better......then use the other one for a new machine....or as a backup chip :D

SilverArrow if they are really $10 a pop buy 3, if the first one is a keeper, sell the other 2 on ebay and you'll get us$100 for them atleast... if the first is a dud, check out the others one buy one, i'm sure atleast 1 of them will satisfy you and you can sell the rest on ebay and get atleast us$90....

read his post login211, it only works out that way if he puts the 1800 in the clients pc...

CHeers, TUrando

Hmmm... $10... 2.4ghz on water is slightly less than what could be expected from the newer Bartons. All of the newest Bartons and T-Breds are capable of at least 2.5ghz on water, many can achieve this on air. The Barton does have a slight edge in performance per mHz than the T-Bred as well. I'd say upgrading to one would be a worthwhile $10.

atleast if you sell it in the future you will be selling a 2500 barton and not a 1800 T bred;) it might clock all mightly for you but that dont mean a thing when your selling it;)

Turando

Back