• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling if your case is open 24/7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metra

The side panel of my case is open 24/7. Does it matter how many fans i have (currently its on blowing directly onto the HSF)? If the case is constantly open, then shouldnt 2 fans be enough (considering i have a pretty small case)? I mean, if the case is closed then you need 2 fans blowing in, 2 fans blowing out, etc. But if the case is open then you just need two well-positioned fans in your case and MAYBE one that sucks air out throught the top?

Also, do fans make much of a difference if your case is always open? And how much of a difference do they make if the case is closed? But thats another discussion..

i dont think you need ANY case fans running if your case is open, i dont see what good there gonna do you if the side panels open but it is late, so i might disagree with myself tomorrow morning

DoomArse said:
i dont think you need ANY case fans running if your case is open, i dont see what good there gonna do you if the side panels open but it is late, so i might disagree with myself tomorrow morning

I disagree.
You probably need case fans but if you are gonna have the case off you should get a box fantape it to the side (like its the panle) and take out the other fans. then you get air everywhere.

Otherwise you should do whatever you can to direct the air to the hotspots in the case, so you can just balance fans all over.

(using a little common sense of course)

Back