• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking amd 2200+ asus a7v8x-x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmartin492000

I have an amd 2200 processor with asus motherboard corsair ram 2 512mb sticks rated at 333mhz cooling is done by six fans 2 of them are the volcano series also using silver compound on the proccesor I have succesfully overclocked processor to 2.1ghz by adjusting the front side bus and the multiplier from 13.5 to 14.0 and the fsb is 144/36 my processor temperature is sitting at a cool 93 degrees farenheit yes you heard right 93 degrees I achived this by drilling and tapping my volcano 9 and I am pumping a chemical called florinert through the heat sink those of you who are wondering what florinert is it is a non conductive non corrosive liguid that dissapates heat 30 times faster than water I have done experiments submersing entire motherboards in this liquid and the computer runs fine I recomend to anyone thinking of water cooling to consider florinert as an alternative it cools better and if you have a leak you don't have to worry about ruining expensive computer components. well I said my peace and I have plenty of room for more advanced overclocks I have achieved 2.4 ghz at 110 degrees farenheit but I have no practical use for that kind of speed on a daily basis so I did a relitively safe overclock for everyday use. I'll answer any questions anybody may have and I'm still amazed at the speed of this system I have a 2.4ghz dell as well and I'm smoking it and my friend has a amd 3100 plus with an asus motherboard with regular ddr ram and I'm smoking it I'm very happy and good luck to others

Yes. How much $ is needed for this cooling setup?

I would say pump that ram to 166 at least...it's rated for that so I think that would be a good idea.....166x12 would be a small overclock and would perform much better:D.....

Can I see some pictures of that cooling setup that sounds AWSOME!..:D

Back