• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Purification Methods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

ok wasnt sure where to put this exactly so I put it here (please move if there is a better spot mods) Ok, I live in a built-in basement room with my pc's, but one thing ive noticed after having my pc's on for long periods of time is that the air quality in the room begins to feel different; It feels sort of "stail" (for lack of better wording). Now I am planning on setting up a dedicated server soon (in the same room) which would be on 24/7 and the air quality of the room seems like it might become a concern. Now my first question is: 1. What is the reason behind the "stail" feeling air? Is it just because the air is heated from the cpu and/or dust being pushed into the air from the cpu fans that the air gets this "stail" feeling? A solution I thought about was attaching some form of vent system onto the back, out-blowing case fans which goes up into the tile ceiling then back down on the other side of the room wall where it would release the unclean air into the next room which is used more for storage. 2. Is there even a more simple solution such as some form of air pureifier? If so, what kind of air pureifier would I need? (I had this one thing that claimed to be an air pureifier once which did nothing) Any suggestions or comments about this would help out greatly. Thanks!

good filters that are cleaned regularly on your intake fans should be fine; this will allow your comps to act like more of an air exchanger than an air pollutor.

I got the same prob in my bedroom - 2 comps with lots of fans and they churn dust into the air. Filters were my solution.

hhhmm sounds like filters would be a good, easy, and it sounds like cheap soution. I have 2 80mm Vantec Stealth case fans on the case (front intake, back outtake) what do you guys suggest for a good air filter that wouldnt hurt the flow of the air to much?.. espesically since the vantex stealth fans dont have to high of an air flow rate to begin with. thanks!

I would say avoid filters on your computer and pick up an air purifier unit at E-Bay, Home Depot, etc. this would run you about $75 but it would be worth it. You don't want an ionizer though because it could really mess up your computers.

Thanks,
Daniel

hhmm an air purifier sounds like it might be a good investment.. especially since I wont be cutting down on the air flow to the pc then. Ill have to take a stop by my local home depot and see what they have. Thanks guys!

Back