• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quakecon coming soon...what to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
alright, i have the 8k3a+...it works great, but i want to overclock more. I am thinking either the 8rda3+, but I have seen mixed reviews about its overclocking abilities, the 8rda+ (kind of want rev 2, but dont know where to get it) or the abit NF7-S rev 2 (does newegg have these yet)

i want to be able to overclock with no problems, and i want LOTS of features. i want lots of options for voltage, and lots of memory tweaking options.

what to get?

People have been arguing that the NF7-S 2.0 is the best nforce2 board out right now. I don't have any experience with them so my opinion wouldn't really matter right now. However, I do have an 8RDA+ 1.1, which has been a pretty good OCer for me so far. I'm not sure if the rev. 2.1s are going to be coming to the states anytime soon. I read in another thread that right now Epox is only selling them in Europe and Asia and doesn't plan on bringing them to the U.S. even though many vendors want them to.

Anyway, if you get a 1.1 with an A1/C1 northbridge then you've got a pretty good 8RDA+. Just do the VDD mod if needed and you'll be set. If you're looking for an OCer with some options, then the NF7-S is the way to go.

Back