• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7n8X Deluxe or MSI Delta ILSR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I remember correctly, the MSI doesn't have a PCI lock. I'm not 100% sure about that, though. Either way, I'd go with Asus.

how big of an overclocker are you.....if your just a mild overclocker....the msi board will beat the asus board in performance....and that iLsr has everything the nforce 2 chipset offers and then some.....talk about fully loaded.......if you are a heavy overclocker.....I would say hello to the abit nf7 rev2.0 or the epox 8rda3+....both are cheaper then the 2 boards you meantioned and smoke it in the overclocking arena.......but the stock performance crown is still in the msi corner it just owns for some reason......all the tests I have read show much better performance on the msi for reasons I am not sure of(at stock mind you)

Right now im using 8RDA3+ rev 1.0, but ive encountered a lot of problem. First, the sound is distorted, second the copy transfer rate for the hardisk to hardisk is very slow, then the last one, it always beeps the warning it says Vbat exceeded the limitations and so on. So, right now im still not trying to overclocked it. But im not losing hope yet. Could it be bios update or nvidia driver problem? Im planning to reconfigure it this coming weekend and see what will be the result. If nothing happens then i guess its time to choose between the two boards. I, prefer to purchase Abit NF7 v2.0 but the problem is that its not yet available here in the PI. So, any suggestion, should i keep my 8rda3+ or purchase MSI Delta ILSR? Anyway, thanks a lot for the info's... :)

well the abit is the ****zle and been prooven so ......I mean look at what did with my rig.......anywho.....I would try and get a an abit boad....I just read about the 8rda3+ haven problems.....so I suppose I just thought it was gunna be bette then the 8rda+.......guess not......where is PI anywho?.....I would definetly try abit nf7-s rev2.0 from excaliberpc.com......GRRRRRREAT company GRRRREAT board!:D

So sorry, PI means Philippines. Our problem here is that Abit Nf7-s rev2.0 is not yet available in the market. I've already asked many vendors here whom i can get. But nobody does. So, i would have to choose from Asus or MSI, but im not yet losing hope with my 8RDA3+. But based on your recommendation, MSI is the best. But what about the compatibility with the memory? Right now im using Twinmos TwisterX dual channel 256MBx2 DDR400. Is it compatible with the Delta ILSR? How good in terms of overclocking does the ILSR? at what extent will it be stable? The only problem i see right now with the MSI, is that it lacks the 4 holes around the cpu socket. Will it fit with the new SLK900A? or SLK800A? By the way, where are you from? Thanks...:cool:

I am from Texas...the slk800(a) will fit I have used it......overclocking is erm....blah.....2.7 max on ram....1.8 max vcore......no chipset voltage adjustiment...200max fsb.....and I think thats it......but at stock and mild overclocks it owns......but you seem like ya got some ram that can push 220+ so erm.....keep on keepen on with that epox board....try a ram update......and wait till you can get an abit........I hear the asus is allright.....but I think the epox you got is way better......maybeyou can rma it and get a new one....I read that 50% have defects or something at [H]ardOCP..so maybe thats whats got ya?....anywho keep on informen me of your progress and such:D

Back