• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking a Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skalaberg

Registered
Hi.

system

Barton 2500+
Soltek nforce2 mobo 75frn - l
2x256 Corsair XMS platinum pc3500
TI4200

I am currently running 10x200fsb all settings to aggresive with no problems, all is rock solid. I am thinking of going for more (11x200 maybe) now i have had it for a couple months and changed the heatsink for an Aero7+ but i am worried about the HDD corruption that i have read about, what are my risks with this system?

Thanks

Skal.

Oh and its the 'C' stepping which seems to be rare!!!

I haven't heard about HDD corruption. You can lock the PCI/AGP frequency, so that they won't run out of spec & suffer from corruption.

Your board comes with a PCI lock- no corruption to worry about. All NForce2 Ultras are C1's; not rare, but all awesome nonetheless. I'd suggest that you try to increase the front side bus on your current multiplier. Raise all voltages to their max just in case, and push it as far as it can go on the 10x multiplier.

Gautam said:
Your board comes with a PCI lock- no corruption to worry about. All NForce2 Ultras are C1's; not rare, but all awesome nonetheless. I'd suggest that you try to increase the front side bus on your current multiplier. Raise all voltages to their max just in case, and push it as far as it can go on the 10x multiplier.

Raise all voltages to their max?

i have only raised the corsair memory from 2.5 to 2.7 and this was on the advice from corsair for stability. everything else is stock, what are the max voltages and for what?

CPU
MEM
AGP

??

i can almost feel my study gettin warmer at the thought

lol

Move the CPU up to 1.85, your board's max as far as I remember. It probably won't need to be this high, but this will eliminate the CPU as a limiting factor in initial overclocking. I feel safer running my memory at 2.8v, but if you've got good airflow above your memory modules, 3.0v would be fine, too. Nonetheless, I'd recommend putting it to the maximum offered on your board, whatever that may be, at least just for now. Do not alter the AGP voltage.

Skalaberg said:
Hi.

system

Barton 2500+
Soltek nforce2 mobo 75frn - l
2x256 Corsair XMS platinum pc3500
TI4200

I am currently running 10x200fsb all settings to aggresive with no problems, all is rock solid. I am thinking of going for more (11x200 maybe) now i have had it for a couple months and changed the heatsink for an Aero7+ but i am worried about the HDD corruption that i have read about, what are my risks with this system?

Thanks

Skal.

Oh and its the 'C' stepping which seems to be rare!!!

Is your Soltek 75FRN the 75FRN2_L or the original version as the 2 does overclock better and supports DDR400. I have the board with an XP2500 chip but I have not started overclocking yet

Cisco KID

Cisco I'll have to check on that, i thought it was the original not the 2 but I do know it supports DDR400 for sure, I'll let you know soon.

Ok it is the original not the 2 but it does support ddr400 (according to the box)

I am currently at 11x200fsb everything default and it is rock solid.

i will try to tweak it up slowly, I dont even know if the fsb will go higher yet, not tried over 200 lol.

How is your chip Cisco?

Skal.

Gautam said:

Umm heh his board may have a max of 1.85 but probably best to still specify. My eyes about bugged out when I thought of the poor guy with an nf7-s that raises his vcore to the max seeing that hehe. :eek:

always raise your voltages slowly something doing a big jump wont give you much of a OC increase in the end it'll just make your cpu hotter and shorten its life span

Back