• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

over clock utility?(i am a noob)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fazz33

hi can u people tell me what over clock utility u use and if its possible tell me a site to download it? because im not to sure how to use my overclock software(dunno to enable cpu multiplier), mine is easytune, it came with the motherboard.

Its always better to overclock your system in the BIOS...windows OCing programs can cause more damage then help at times...

But yes...please list your system hardware specs...including PSU...

I use the BIOS, it can be downloaded from your motherboard manufactuarers website, or if you have an NForce 2 motherboard from the Nvidia website (in most/maybe all cases).

screw that program...grab your manual and look for the CPU Host frequency (FSB) and cpu host clock control (multi.)...and adjust your cpu overvolting controller (CPU voltage) and DIMM overvolting controller (memory) and AGP overvolting controller (Video card) voltages accordingly with your overclock...this is the best way to overclock a motherboard...not with a windows program...

Back