• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair and Nanya qvestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

Iv got some corsair XMS 3200 running at 200mhz. Should I see if it will go faster? Should i give it more voltage? Would the lower memory settings cause the overall performance to be slower even if i did get it to go faster?

i don't wanna kill my pretty ram.:beer:

nother qvestion real quick:

i have some nanya 2100 ram that i got real cheap a long time ago, then today i just realized that that is actually a name brand. Would it be any good for overclocking, even if just to like 160mhz?

I might be off but I don't think you can harm ram just by upping the fsb, nor by lowering it's timings. That is some good quality ram, so you might as well try seeing if it will go faster - chances are it will, and it should go to 210 - 225 I'd bet.

Also you can raise the vCore if it helps get ya going faster, but I'd keep it below 2.9v ( you'll have to check with corsairs website, I think they waranty it as long as you keep it below 2.9v, but it might be 2.8v or such).

itim100 said:
i have some nanya 2100 ram that i got real cheap a long time ago, then today i just realized that that is actually a name brand. Would it be any good for overclocking, even if just to like 160mhz?
yes, Nanya brand, with the recent chip versions are high performers, which are competetive to the BH-6 and BH-5 winbond chips. the BH-5.0 still edges out Nanya-5.0 though. I've heard the older Nanya chips are not very good oc'ers but you never know till you try yours.

yippee skip, the nanya 2100 went to 158 :D

much better than 133. in order for me to get up to 200 i have to run just the corsair though... :sigh:

Back