• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB with AMD 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mitchelson

Registered
Hi

I have just been reading the topics for the 2500+ oc and I have want to increase my FSB to a value higher than 215. Is the FSB or CPU Multi going to give me more performance?

What type of CPu speed should i excpect to be above?

Thanks for your help fella's i aint got a clue what i am really doing!~

CPU multi for higher Mhz on the CPU...FSB for better memory bandiwdth...try to find the max stable speed for both your CPU and FSB...then try to get both as close to each's max for best system performance...

example...CPU maxs out at 2.3Ghz (stable)...FSB max's out at 230FSB (stable)...this would be 10x230 (2.3Ghz on CPU and 230FSB for memory) for best overall performance...

For type of CPU speed...around 2.2 - 2.5...depeinding on stepping and cooling...with your cooling...probably around 2.2+

Just curious, what made you stop at 215 FSB in the first place? I can't get above about 209 stable on my board.

I havent stopped yet dude. punched the card up to 220 last night. Will press onto 230 tonight.

Back