• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK900 and 92mm fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeverSnake

Registered
I was thinking of getting an SLK900U and a 92MM fan but my powersupply is close to my CPU heatsink so I thought it would be a good idea to ask if a 92mm fan went over the edges of the heatsink and by how much.

Oh and if it does hang over could you give me the measurement from something I can measure before I get it (e.g. the socket or the mounting holes or even the top of the motherboard if you use the same one as me (Epox 8RDA+))

you can calculate it yourself by looking up the dimensions of the heatsink and comparing it with the dimensions of the fan.. vertically some width of the fan will be hanging =d

L99 x W59 x H45 is teh dimension of teh top of the skl-900u

so you have about 60MM of vertical width and the 92mm fan is 32mm longer than that so you have about 16mm of fan that is above and below the heatsink =d not too hard

I've got an Epox 8RDA+ which is on that list so no problem there.

The clearance isn't very big so I'm still not sure if it will fit or not.

I have a SLK900U and a Vantek 92mm Tornado on my p4.

It only stands 38mm off the top of the heatsink. With out the fan cover.

Noisy as hell though.

I'm picking up Vantec's NXP-205 Fan Controller. That should tame the noise a bit.

The SLK900U and a Vantek 92mm Tornado combo is the best air cooling u can get. 117 cfm!! This things better than water cooling!!

Dukey Kreme said:
The SLK900U and a Vantek 92mm Tornado combo is the best air cooling u can get. 117 cfm!! This things better than water cooling!!

er... well that depends.

Not if you have a few 120mm deltas on there can you say 280CFM?

Plus more surface area on the "heat sink" wich is basicly the rad.

But yes it is the best air you can find.

Back