• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questiosn on ga-7dx rev2.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
what is the fastest cpu that can be supported by this mobo

where can i get a bios flash

i cant find it anywhere even gigabytes webpage doesnt have this board exactly they have ga-7dxe and im not sure that will work

any bios help would be greatly appreshated

You will find the infoe you need here It says for Rev 3.x but no mention of 2.x:rolleyes: Dont see why you couldnt use up to a 2600(266 bus) as it supports up to 2100, robably all that would happen is that it would say unknown CPU 2000MHz or similar.
Hood

Just had a look at the BIOS rather than the CPU support list and it says to support 2200+ so what I said earlier seems even more probable.

You will find the infoe you need here It says for Rev 3.x but no mention of 2.x Dont see why you couldnt use up to a 2600(266 bus) as it supports up to 2100, robably all that would happen is that it would say unknown CPU 2000MHz or similar.
Hood

Just had a look at the BIOS rather than the CPU support list and it says to support 2200+ so what I said earlier seems even more probable.
this is exactly correct. i have a rev3 board and flashed to the f7 version bios and am using a 2100 and get unknown cpu but it still boots and i dont have any problems except that every couple of boots the dieo card doesnt snd a signal to th monitor and i have to reset ( i think it might be that it needs a volt mod for cpu or something)

Back