• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old a7v rev 1.01 take an XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

I've got an old k7v running a Duron and would like to put an 1600XP I have on the way in it, but is this board able to take an XP? I tried doing a search on the forums but seems like everything I wanna search for only has 3 letters and the stupid search enginge won't let me search. I think the bios rev is 1009. I put a 1700XP in to test and it read it as a 1700 but only at 1100Mhz (100 FSB)so when I upped the FSB in the bios to 133 it wouldn't post. I took out the Ram that was only PC100 and it still wouldn't post.

If you don't have an A7V133 then you won't be able to use the 133MHz FSB. However, since your board recognizes XP Athlons you'll be able to use them at 100MHz FSB and high multipliers (you need to do the "wire trick" if you use a CPU up to 2000+, but the high multipliers are already available if you use a 2100+ or higher CPU). For more info read this thread, it's very useful: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158672

Back