• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone know anything about a gigabyte motherboard i need help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fazz33

i have a gigibyte k7 triniton motherboard (model name: GA-7VT600-L) can anyone tell me how to change the CPU multipier? if you can because it doesnt seem like you can on the bois or in the overclocking software they give. (itz alwayz at 11) could it be that the multiplier is stuck at what the processer is ment to have?(2500 barton). can anyone offer any help on overclocking?

The gigabyte forum might help more but if its like my GigaByte then there are dip switches on the board, possibly by the cpu socket somewhere. They are usually a blue rectangle with little white switches that can be moved back and forth. Inside the manual or on the board there should be a list of how to put the switches for each multi.

Hmmm... Upon looking at the manual myself, I can say that this is not exactly an overclocking friendly board. It seems like you ca change the front side bus to 200mhz, though. If you can do this, then you can run at 2200mhz, but that's the only overclocking that seems possible :(.

since i owned one very briefly, no you can't....it is a very unfriendly oc board...hence my current mobo. you can hit 200-215 on KT600 boards (the asus, i do know, hit 215 fsb)....i started a thread when i had the vt-600 and ZERO replies....keep trying and tell us what you come up with, tho...i really did wanna try a KT600...the ASUS KT600 board did show some potential for a Via board....

You can always overclock by using the pin mods if there is no other option. Let us know how it turns out.

i jus got it to 1979.99 mhz, the agp and pci slotz are gonna die if i continue i tried 2030 mhz (something like that) the thing just crashes if i try to run and benchmarks or games. (note not usin dividers i dont really know how too

Dividers are managed automatically. At some point, the 1/6 divider should kick in. FYI, I'm able to have my PCI at 36-37mhz without any problems.

By "pin mod", gautam's referring to putting wire into different pins in the CPU socket to make the mobo think the proc has a different default multiplier. It's the same thing that I used to change my mobo's default voltage. It's fairly easy to pull off.

ic

ok i get it now

jeez i think my motherboard is telling a false temp reading
my mobo says im gettin 59-61 degress celcius and i just spent like 50 dollars cad on the most exspencive fan and thats what im gettin its just as bad as the old heat sink'/fan and the fan is spinning at like 5600 rpm and the heatsink is set up damn well. i even bought good thermal past arctic silver III

What cooling exactly do you have? And don't even bother looking at temps. They don't mean anything. How are you overclocking anyways, btw? It doesn't seem like your motherboard lets you do anything.

i bought...

a thermaltake fan 2x 3100rpm
1 volcano 9 (would have got the 11 but not in stalk)5600rpm 20cfm
artic Sliver III thermal paste

i overclock using the bois/program when i increase the fsb the mhz of the cpu and pci/agp goes up but i dont want them to only the fsb or cpu but i cant change the cpu multiplier so i am very limited with the overlock maybe at max i can get 1.94 ghz and if im lucky 2ghz but it will crash if i run a game or benchmark program.

(the max 4 volcano is 4800 but 4 some reason it can go to 5600+)

Back