• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"playing w/ my old Thunderbird 750 Slot A"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

I finally started looking aound on how to crack open my t-bird 750 slot A, got that done hehe wanted to play around with oc'n it. after a bit of research i found out i need a goldfinger..(and also that thier buss is DDR, haha didn't know that till now, just thought it was plain old 100mhz).. does anyone know if u can or any links to where i might find out how to adjust the multi's / voltage by soldering (or that type of thing)?

i found an article at toms hardware, you can change the multi's by moving around some resistors on the pcb if you'r fairly handy with a soldering iron. i managed to change my slot a 600 to every multi. 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, an 10. actually posted at 1010 :O. kewl stuff. good luck. might not be too easy to find a gfd anymore, but u could find that article at toms i'm sure. something like "overclocking athlon" not sure though it's been a while.

J.

High Speed PC is still selling the TD2 GF. I got one about a year and a half ago and was able to run my 700 Athlon at 950. Ran that way for months before I gave it away.

Cool, I might have to see if I can find a set of Golden Fingers. Would be cool to OC the old dawg a bit to get the most out of the PC133 memory in mine. I already have it running 110 fsb for 825 mhz :p .

Back