• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF? Can't update BIOS on A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Namagomi

Disabled
Okay, so I have the 1005Uber BIOS on my A7N8X Deluxe v2.0, and it's hurting my OC abilty, so I want to put on the 1004Uber. However when I try to use the awdflash that comes with the board, it says my BIOS file is corrupt, no matter how many different soruces I get it from.

When I use awdflash on a bootable floopy, it gets to the point where it asks if I want to save the BIOS, but no matter if I hit y or n, the system hardlocks.

The system runs fine just fine otherwise. Anyone know what is up?

Hi Namagomi-
I had the exact same problem trying to flash from 1003 to 1005 Uber Sata, tried to flash 4/5 times using 2 different verisions of awdflash to no avail. Not sure what was going on but finally gave up on 1005 Uber Sata and went with 1004 Uber Sata.

I had a thread going trying to figure out this problem with some Uber knowlegable folks at nForcerHQ and we weren't able to come up with a successful conclusion. Not to say that you might not have better luck. My advice would be to post at nForcerHQ also and see what happens (if you haven't already). I'll keep tabs over there, but if you come up with anything post back here as well if you would.

Also, I haven't noticed any earth shaking differences between 1003/1004 Uber other than being able to tighten up my memory timings just a little. FSB and multi = same/same, though YMMV.
Good Luck
elec.tron

Last edited:
DOS flashing never worked for me either. I gave up and just use Asus Update. Works just fine for me, but I have another board that I can hotswap with if need be. :)

Back