• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT4 Ultra - water cooling mount problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siavash_s_s

hey i got the MSI KT4 ultra (awsome red color!!) for athlon xp, but the problem is that the board doesnt have the holes i need to mount on a water cooling setup, so i either have to use clips (dont want to do that) or stick the bolts on. i am thinking of using jbweld to glue on either nylon or plastic bolt holders or glueing the bolts directly onto the motherboard, can anyone tell me if the motherboard can handle it? and if not, got any ideas?

I wouldn't JB weld the bolts directly onto your motherboard... that just sound like a really really bad idea.

I'm a really big fan of MSI, but their newer boards are simply not the best choices for water-cooling. I'll argue MSI over Asus, Abit or say... Gigabyte all day... but when it gets down to WATER-cooling, I'll buy a different board. However... there *are* some very good water-block clamps that you could use to have an incredibly secure connection. What block were you planning on purchasing?

mouting holes are going to be a thing of the past. they are starting to slowly phase them out not just MSI. If your looking for a good waterblock this is what i have
Rev3thumb.gif

or you could go with something more like this
X-flow%20blue.gif
and comes in many colors and both have the clips you can go
Here to look at them.
Good luck

im making my own blocks so the clamp problem isnt a real big issue, i could just as easily make my own, but the thing is that those tiny little teeth on the socket look so brittle (i know they are strong, its a mental thing) i actually see them breaking and my cpu die opening at a corner and smoke billowing out...
anyway thnx

Back