• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Non overclocked pc, will geil memory work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Huan

Registered
Gonna build a system with 1 gig of ram and was wondering if the geil memory is good or not for a non overclocked system? The one i'm perticularly thinking about getting is on sale at newegg Here
. Reckon this will work pretty good for a non OC'd box?

Huan said:
Gonna build a system with 1 gig of ram and was wondering if the geil memory is good or not for a non overclocked system? The one i'm perticularly thinking about getting is on sale at newegg Here
. Reckon this will work pretty good for a non OC'd box?

yes it should work fine from what i understand, anyone 105% sure? :)

Glad to hear positive feedback on these. I'm really wanting to expand my memory to 1gig, but want to take advantage of the DCDDR as well and these were the lowest price ones I've noticed.. Which naturally made me have to question their quality.

Thanks again!

For $11 more, you could try GeIL Golden Dragon stuff at IBuyXG.Com . People seem to be more accepting of Golden Dragon then GeIL's other stuff.

$100 (w/ shipping) for a stick of GeIL 512MB PC3200 Golden Dragon @ IBuyXG.Com
$89 (w/ shipping) for a stick of GeIL 512MB PC3200 Value

Kingston ValueRam for $92 a stick (512MB PC3200) is also a good value. (GoogleGear.Com)

I would like to say that I bought two sticks matched GEIL 433DDR platinum because of the price. OC'd and hit a barrier. Decided to spend the money on some corsair low latency... now my memory bandwidth is ~4500mb/sec with corsair when it was 5400 with the GEIL... oh, and that is with the same timings on the GEIL also. I went back to the GEIL and got rid of the corsair XMS garbage. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! Now running the GEIL with my FSB at 1.1Ghz and the GEIL outperforms the corsair XMS LL hands down! What did I have to do to keep the GEIL stable? just bump up the voltage to 2.75 I have since bought golden dragon 512mb of 400ddr and 512mb of their value 333ddr for two of my other systems. I won't question GEIL again! bump up the voltage a little and it ROCKS!

I thought I heard somewhere that you aren't really supposed to go above 1.75V or you will fry something... Or were they talking about the voltage to the processor and you were talking about the Voltage to the memory?

Heh, whoa. Maybe you lucked out on the chips? Though you purchased them for your other sytems too.... It would be funny to find out all memory came from the same factory somewhere overseas from the same assembly lines lol.... Though slightly depressing too for those that spent alot more on other brands...

Crazy world out there

GeIL memory is good to go up to 3.1V, according to their site. While most memory is not recomended run over 2.8V.

I have that same stick as well, 2 actually. But when i bought them they were $148 with shipping for both sticks. but they are good for non oc, and even some oc i think... i prefer to run a 1:1 ratio with my cpu than some wierd divider.

Back