• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Coolermaster Aero 7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heilel

Registered
I recently bought a Coolermaster Aero 7+ HSF to replace my stock AMD Barton 2500 hSF hoping to lower my temps, however, after installing the Coolermaster, the temperatures are either the same or even a bit higher.

I have read a lot of the various guides to do this in the best way possible, so I'm surprised that I have such poor results.

After a while the temperatures rise to about 48 degrees and my system is not overclocked.

My system specs
Epox 8rda Mobo
1X512mb Corsair Value RAM CAS2.5, PC3200
AMD Barton 2500
Maxtor 80gb HDD IDE133
Coolermaster Aero 7+ Heatsink/Fan
Palit Systems TI4200 128mb RAM
Full tower Aopen case with a 300Watt PSU.

I used the thermal paste that came with theCoolermaster HSF.
So it's not Arctic silver 3, but still, I'd at least expect to see SOME improvement.

At the moment, I have the fan running at full power, which is quite loud actually.
Isn't there supposed to be some sort of auto regulation of fan speed on this HSF?

Please help.

cherryp00t said:
maybe bad mount or bad tim.. try to replace the stuff with somethign better and remount the heatsink =d

Yeah, I guess a bad mount could be it.
I'll try a few nore times and see how it goes.
Might score some Arctic silver paste today as well.

Uh, what does "Bad tim" mean?
And when you say "The stuff" do you mean the Thermal paste?

Back