• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

256 sdram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pilipk01

hey guys,
i dont know much about memory so i hope someone will be able to help me. ok, i bought one stick of 256M sdram (p133, 168 pins) i put it in and for some reason i get only half capacity. the motherboad i have is ABIT ZM6, the numbers on the chips are as follow :

NCP
NP33S324125K - 7.5
32M X 4
SDRAM - 7.5-1

is there anything i can do to get full capacity of 256m, or my mobo is just not capable for this kind of memory.

thanks in advance

Why does the ZM6 still not recognize the two Single sided SDRAMs in DIMM 2 or DIMM 3?
Currently, we know some kind of single sided SDRAMs might use two banks, thus it will cause the BIOS to not be able to read the correct capacity when you put the SDRAM into DIMM2 and DIMM3, so before you get in this situation, please check the type of SDRAM.
If you have single-sided RAM, try using DIMM1.

i have double-sided and it shows half capacity in all three slots. is there anythink i can do to get full capacity on mymobo?

cheers

pilipk01 said:
ZX440 = 8x8, 16x8 DRAM Chips Only.

pilipk01 said:
is there anything i can do to get full capacity of 256m, or my mobo is just not capable for this kind of memory.

thanks in advance

Your module uses 32Mbit High-Density DRAM technology, but older chipsets don't support High-Density DRAM.

All you can do is look for some Low-Density DRAM (16Mbit DRAM technology), or leave it like it is.

BTW: Your MOBO supports 256MB MAX. (2 double sided Modules, or 4 sides total), tho they were able to run it with 2 256MB modules over at Abit.

Back