• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help ASAP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brunt

Well, I got my digitaldoc5 back, and it works..so I put the flat diode on my heatsink, as close to the cpu core as possible..well, I go to put the 1700+ back in and it wont even post..I am like crap..I think it might be because the AS3 is smeared all over..whats the best way to remove all of this?

First time I booted up, it got to 70C and mobo shut everything down almost right away(mobo setting), I started back up..nothing, no post no video nada...but digitaldoc5 says around 40C for cpu.

I try a few more things....cant clean this stuff up. Chip doesn't look fried...I fried my 1800+ a year or so back...this doesn't smell fried, or look it..I didn't hear a pop or anything. I have my old 1600+ chip in right now..everything is fine. I know its that CPU. Could the AS3 be grounding one of the dots to another dot or something?!? Please help ASAP. I want to clean the WHOLE cpu of this stuff, I have taken parts in the shower with me...Is there a way to clean the whole cpu?? I only have astringent right now, should I go buy something else? I would like to have my 2.4ghz back ASAP! I am stuck at 1.9 right now lol.

Thanks!!!

i dont know if that is your problem or not, but i use goofoff for cleaning off my as3. it works great.. not a problem at all to get that stuff off.. you can put it all over the 1700+ i think.. probably not the bottom though lol

I use isoproply alchohol and it seems to work fine. Never had a problem using it to clean off as3. Good luck

I use lighter fluid[yellow plastic can stuff], then isopropanol to remove the thermal compound if i get sloppy with it. It works good and the processor comes out spotless.

Don't use anything other than labelled chemicals - stuff that comes in bottles with "ingerdients" on the side more often than not has some other stuff in that leaves a residue.

Use Isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds to gently remove the AS3.

i use nail polish remover .....its works a treat .....i pour it on the front (die ) and rub any as3 off then just repeat ........

i use toilet papper to rub it off with (not that hard crinkle stuff)......:D

Great, thanks I am getting off of work right now! Could it be possible that the chip is just grounding out or something? So as soon as I clean off the AS3 it will work again?!? I am worried :(

Back