• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wanna know!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buhammot

I have been hearin rave reviews on nforce2 boards, and am thinking about getting one, but cant decide if i should, and what kind. Currently using a Biostar m7vit pro, kt400 chipset.

But I want something i can do some respectable overclocking, reliable, and can kinda keep around for a while.

I have been thinkin about the abit nf7-s boards, or the asus a7n8x deluxe. Both being in a reasonable price range, willing to spend a lil more if needed. But what would be something that yall here can suggest?

Also what are good boards also using the nforce2 chipset from other companies? Biostar, Epox, etc...

Thx for all that help!

I think you hit the nail on the head with what boards to look for. The Epox 8RDA is also very popular.

If you get an NF7-S, make sure it's a rev. 2.0 board. From what I hear, excaliberpc and newegg are shipping the 2.0's.

SickBoy said:
If you get an NF7-S, make sure it's a rev. 2.0 board. From what I hear, excaliberpc and newegg are shipping the 2.0's.

Agree completely. Also, if you decide to purchase a different motherboard, such as the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, make sure that this is also a rev 2.0 motherboard as well. A good indication of this is if the description indicates the Nforce2 Ultra 400 chipset, the same as the regular Nforce2 chipset in the older 1.xx revisions, but has Official 200mhz FSB support and fixes the stability problems. Also, keep in mind that the Asus v2.0 still has some bios corruption problems, not as many as the earlier revisions, but still............

Last edited:
i personally dont like the asus, and i just helped a friend build a comp with a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro, nForce2 Ultra400, and imo the board was great i plan on getting one in the near future...

The GigaByte board is lookin kinda nice, havin on-board RAID and SATA, but how well does it OC? Anyone else have any other opinions or comments on that board?

I haven't used the Gigabyte, but it looks to be a very nice motherboard. A great amount of features, and according to the reviews that I've seen, a very good overclocker as well. The only problems with it are the lack of mounting holes, so some heatsinks, such as the SLK 900U, and most watercooling setups are out of the question as well. Also, due to all the features, the motherboard is quite expensive as well...

I personally am looking at getting the Asus A7N8X-Deluxe. But too, as mentioned above, I want to make sure to get ver 2.x

I've been reading around the vboard and it seems like the Asus has a good following. I also like the features that it has. I'm actually using the 'search' feature of this forum to find any negative comments of the board. Then I have to deciede if the issues with the Asus are better or worse than other boards and/or if I can handle those problems.

The Asus, Abit, and Epox seem to get the highest marks for OCing. Epox owners seem to not care for their board as much as others do. Of course my sampling is all NON-scientific.

Back